Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Road Rules

When I think of trying to walk around Buenos Aires all I can think of is that scene from Mean Girls where Regina George gets hit by a bus. If you've ever thought that San Francisco was scary to drive in, you then thought "Well... It's worse in New York..." I got news for you. Buenos Aires makes driving in New York seem like driving in Davis. Here there are street lights and stop signs...kinda... I fear for my life every time I take a cab or ride the bus. I used to drive busses... This is like how the bus driver from Speed had to drive. The busses go about 45-50 mph on normal city streets. Also... there aren't really lanes... I mean, there are lanes, but no one uses them. When a car is driving too slow, the car behind will tailgate at first to try to get the other one to move out of the way, and then will flash its brights several times when it comes down to it.

It makes me appreciate that people in America actually kinda sorta follow traffic rules. At least I don't usually fear for my life in the States.

I've decided that too much time has passed since going to Uruguay to adequately describe my time. We took a cruise ship to get there. There was sparkling wine. There was a light house....

Look at these photos to get an idea.

If you want to read about more happenings while I've been here in Argentina, my bud John has been posting as well about Buenos Aires. He's better about writing something every day.


Here are my other albums:

Buenos Aires
More Buenos Aires

No comments: